I support ANONYMOUS in their actions against government corruption announced today. Read my announcement of my support with links to their video specifying how the Internet War against government corruption has begun.
Archive for the ‘Economy’ Category
SUGGESTED PLAN TO STOP GUN VIOLENCE IN AMERICA –
TO BE DEBATED AND DISCUSSED BY EXPERTS IN ALL FIELDS
INCLUDING LAW, MILITARY, NRA, HEALTHCARE, MENTAL HEALTH, POLICE, PRISONS AND JAILS, RELIGIOUS LEADERS, AND PUBLIC INTEREST GROUPS ON ALL SIDES OF THE DEBATE IN A TRANSPARENT MANNER!
- America has 5% of the world population but its citizens own 50% of the privately owned guns the world. Tax ammunition outrageously like we tax cigarettes. Considering outlawing owning more than a few weapons needed by one person to be a member of a militia unless they have extensive mental health examination and background check.
- Half of gun deaths are suicides. Triple mental healthcare spending and vastly improve access to mental healthcare.
- Vastly increase opportunities for teens and young adults for jobs and after school activities. Idle minds are the devil’s playground. Re-instate the Civilian Conservation Corps started in the Roosevelt era.
- Outlaw high capacity ammunition magazines and give deadline to turn them in – do not grandfather them. An untrained person having to change clips would slow down mass murders.
- Find better high tech way to ID guns so that if their numbers are filed off they can still be traced.
- Research and discuss ways of tracking and controlling the sale of ammunition and the sale of more dangerous types of ammunition, with consideration of putting limits on certain types of ammunition or finding ways of tracing the sale and usage of certain types of ammunition that are more deadly or meant for military mass murder situations, rather than hunting.
- Tax guns at enormous rate with goal of decreasing ratio of guns to number of Americans to half as many within 5 years. Increase availability of voluntary turn in of weapons without consequences. Destroy weapons turned in and do not resell them.
- Outlaw semi-automatic rifles and handguns. Have a panel of experts including military and NRA representatives determine this issue. No grandfather clause. Maybe allow some stored in gun clubs to mentally certified people, who have undergone careful background check as to mental health as well as had an interview by a trained psychologist. Do not allow storage of these weapons in a home where everyone is not certified.
- Massive education effort to teach not to stigmatize mentally ill and to recognize need for mental healthcare. Teach that most mentally ill people are harmless, most gun deaths are NOT caused by the mentally ill, but that serious mass murders may be caused by a few very disturbed people who need help BEFORE they murder someone.
- Research and find ways to identify loners and help them integrate into society, as well as find ways to identify when they are falling into psychotic mental illness and becoming dangerous to society like with the shooters in Oregon & at the Colorado theater.
- Massively increase training requirements for law enforcement officers and prison guards to include training about mental illness and psychology (at least one year of classes and rotation through mental health facilities as part of code gray teams and counseling teams). Three months of post high school training is not adequate to be employed as a jail or prison guard. This will take a 5-10 year transition as our police forces are so incredibly undertrained. Parole officers should be required even more training. Study how many peace officers were involved in murder with their own guns or whose guns were used for suicide or accidental shootings.
- Vastly improve our education system in the U.S. to include domestic violence and pre-marital counseling, financial responsibility, and child development, as well as mental health issues. Require students to volunteer to help the elderly, the disabled, or the mentally challenged so they understand that the disabled and mentally challenged are not automatically dangerous.
- Close loopholes so that NO gun may be exchanged or sold without check with a national database.
- Have intense discussion/analysis as to what diagnoses or mental certification should cause inclusion in database as the vast majority of the mentally ill are not dangerous. Forcing all that have been treated or hospitalized for mental illness into a database would be grossly unfair.
- Judicial reform to take corruption out of our court system and vastly reform family courts thus lowering the extreme suicide rate among veterans and the population due to false defamation of character and wrongful termination of child custody rights.
- Do not put all felons in database as most are not dangerous concerning guns – analyze this more carefully.
- Make national effort to put in place system to help wrongfully convicted felons overturn their convictions so that the database is not overtaxed by excessive numbers of people who are mentally stable but wrongfully accused of being mentally ill or have been defamed and wrongfully convicted felons, or non-violent felons.
- Make higher penalties for storing weapons without trigger locks and other appropriate safety measures.
Americans brag about our “freedom”. Yet we have very little of it. Our founding fathers would turn over in their grave if they knew how our “democracy” has turned into an oligarchy where the public is just a bunch of ignorant happy slaves.
If you are ill, the decisions between you and your physician are over-ridden by the private for-profit insurance companies that waste half our healthcare dollars on increasing their profits for shareholders and corporate CEOs. Whether you obtain needed treatment depends on the OK from a pencil pushing poorly trained nurse reviewing your request for approval for treatment. Your dog gets more rational, loving care from you and your veterinarian than you get from the healthcare system.
If you run a business you will be subject to so many regulations that don’t make sense that your head will spin, so many forms you won’t be able to do any business as you’re spending so much time filling out the forms, and you’ll be in a constant state of worry that you may have missed compliance with some regulation and will end up with a huge fine for being “in violation.”
The cost before you even begin will be huge as you may have to get a license and pay through the teeth for courses and certification and more courses and re-certification even to apply nail polish to someone’s fingers.
From retirement to buying a house, to running a small business selling nail polish we are over-regulated, overtaxed and over-papered. The only way you can avoid this is if you are one of the 1 % who has the means to pay the bribes, find the loopholes, and make your own decisions.
We are at the mercy of our masters and our despotic kings behind the scenes. The Illinois legislature is run by a handful of people who decide who will put their names on bills and which bills will be passed. Who is elected president little matters. The 1% will control him/her.
Republican or Democrat, it doesn’t matter. The 1 % is a cabal of corruption that have figured out how to exploit our “democracy” and hide the exploitation from the happy ignorant masses.
We must restore our Constitution, bring up our education to a world-class level, and strengthen our checks and balances so that patronage and corruption no longer have the upper hand. Until then there is very little hope for the masses.
We have seen in recent years that the bursting of the housing bubble has allowed the 1% to scoop up much of the assets of the 99 % at record low prices making the 1% richer than ever and in control of more of our property and assets than ever. Tax rates for the 1% in the lst 50 years have dropped from 65 % to less than 20 %. The elite are consolidating their power and wealth.
Our country is a totalitarian police state run by a few rich people and multinational corporations, sort of like the King in Robinhood and the inherited Lordships. In Illinois the King is Former Gov. Jim Thompson (R) and his inherited Lordships are the Daleys (D), the Madigans (D), the Burkes (D), the Lipinskys(D), the relatives of former Sheriff Sheahan (D), the Beavers (D), the Jacksons (D), the Brosnahans (D), and many others.
You don’t get a judicial appointment or get elected as a judge unless you have the stamp of approval of Alderman Burke and have paid a $10,000 bribe to have your campaign signs printed and posted on the lawns of employees of the Secr. of State and Cook County Sheriff’s offices. You don’t get to be a supervisor in these offices unless you post signs and sell tickets to fundraising events. You don’t get contracts with Illinois, Cook County, or Chicago unless you pay a 15% bribe from the income you make from the contract to political funds such as “Friends of Madigan”. Then the money is laundered through phony foundations such as now defunct Save-A-Life foundation, through purchases of homes for $1 where they are then resold using under the table cash (like Lisa Madigan does with a dozen homes in Maricopa County, Arizona), etc. Judges ignore the law with impunity in Cook County and likely elsewhere. I have discovered the above facts from numerous anonymous inside sources.
You can’t keep your job with the Cook County Sheriff or other Cook Count agencies unless you donate 3 % of your salary to the election campaign of your boss such as the Cook County Sheriff – this was told to me by correctional officers at Cook County Jail. There are myriad of ways to get you fired from phoney job evaluations to planting drugs in your car (several Chicago Police officers went to jail when drugs were planted in their cars). Unless the masses employed by the State stand up and turn in their supervisors to federal officers by squealing, this will never change. The masses are ruled by fear – of job loss and jail.
I don’t believe this will change until we have a viable third party to balance the cabal of corruption that consists of BOTH the Republicans and the Democrats.
As long as:
1 – a few media magnets can transform the “news” media into mere tabloids,
2 – the government can keep our population stupid and uneducated,
3 – the public can be appeased to be like an audience watching gladiators on the news (Anthony trial, reality shows, etc),
4 – the public remains uninformed and willing to accept as “facts” anything fed to them like geese being force fed for foie gras production,
5 – the corrupt leaders can deal with dissidents by throwing them in jail on phoney charges or defaming them as mentally ill without an objection from the public or exposure on the media,
6 – the nation is turned into a prison nation (only jobs available as jobs have been shipped overseas),
7 – our rich are allowed to ship jobs overseas for their profit,
8 – and the rich 1% in this country can continue to get richer during the economic downturn due to the above,
there is no hope.
Like the housing bubble, students have been convinced to sign up for loans and attend schools with high tuitions that they can’t afford, without fully understanding what they are getting into.
View the documentary from the 2011’s Sundance Film Festival, “Default: The Student Loan Documentary,” which aired on PBS last November below. The film follows several graduates in their struggles to pay back their loans.
Student borrowing past $100 Billion in 2010 and now outstanding loans exceed $1 Trillion dollars.
This means that loan payments upon graduation will be so prohibitively high that most new graduates will not be able to afford to buy cars or home, and many will have loan payments greater than their incomes.
Many of the students who are taking loans are training for jobs that will not provide them sufficient income to pay off their loans – and they don’t understand this as truth in lending laws do not apply to student loans!
This is another economic bubble waiting to burst that may damage the economy again.
For more information read the article in Common Dreams here.
Read letter by Ralph Nader and others to Secretary of Education Arne Duncan here.
Look at the Facebook web site on Default: The Student Loan Documentary film here.
The big banks have made a killing reaping huge profits and their executives getting tens of millions in bonuses during this downturn in the economy. The auto industry has been bailed out to the tune of hundreds of billions of dollars. Yet the government is letting the banks get aware with their misdeeds that have destroyed millions of Americans with a slap on the wrist. The rich have gotten richer raping the middle class into poverty.
Giving the 4 million Americans that lost homes in foreclosure $2,000 each is an absolute insult. This won’t make a down-payment on a home or pay for rent for more than two months or pay for a mortgage payment for more than two months. This is spitting in the wind – an absolute insult to all of us. These people have lost in general $100,000 or more in equity in their homes when the housing prices dropped from under them. Any equity they had was lost because of the malfeasance of the banks in encouraging bad loans.
Of the eleven million Americans whose homes have values less than the mortgage, the average amount over the value that the families owe is $50,000. It is an absolute insult to state that this will be reduced by $20,000. Whether it is $20,000 or $50,000 that is owed beyond the value of the house, this will make no difference in their ability to pay the mortgage and keep the house out of foreclosure.
The bottom line is that the government is letting the banks get away Scott free and throwing a small number 1/11 homeowners (about one million) who are under water a bone and throwing 4 million who are now destitute and who have already lost their homes another bone, purely as a publicity stunt.
We expect better. The people need to be bailed out as well as the 1%. We should demand a bailout in the range of at least $260 Billion rather than $26 Billion. This new plan will do nothing except allow the rich, the banks, and the government to say in the papers that they are “solving” the problem. Mr. President and the banks – this is BULLSHIT!
Read about corruption in Chicago here (Crook County Courts and Judges), here (general Illinois Corruption), here (Crook County Sheriff deputies), here (Chicago FBI), and here (Chicago Federal 7th Circuit and District Courts).
Write your Senators and Congressmen and demand change in the law to take “personhood” away from corporations so they DON’T have more power than the people!
Demand that the rich pay their fair share!
Demand hearings to change the family and probate court system so that BILLIONS in Title IV-D Social Security funds are used to preserve families and support children, the elderly, and the disabled instead of prolonging divorce cases by promoting argument and falsely villifying one parent as “dangerous”, getting fraudulent orders of protection, in order to enrich court appoint counsel and counselors, as well as the corrupt court system; to care for the elderly instead of kidnapping them, abusing them, and stealing their estates when corrupt guardians make fraudulent presentations to the courts; and to protect the disabled instead of abusing them for profit. Read about how veterans are committing suicide after losing their families and being falsely villified here.
The judicial kidnapping of your own children under the color of law is like a repeated relentless rape
– a part of you – being ripped from you and there is nothing you can do about it!!! –
Sandra Padrone, judicially gagged mother of 4 children who have been kidnapped for 1 1/2 years – separated from the mother, under false pretenses.
Demand hearings to change the justice system so that non-violent offenders don’t get long sentences and instead get public service saving billions in tax dollars and producing true rehabilitation. Stop retaliation against whistle blowers fraudulently charged with crimes they didn’t do to cover-up corruption of public officials.
Tooth and gum disease is a leading cause of infections, heart disease, and poor nutrition, especially in the elderly. The fact that our supposedly civilized country has so neglected this necessary health care is a sorry fact. A country is judged by the way it treats the least among it. Poor people in the United States have lost man of their teeth before the age of 40 and the percentage who need dentures despite advancements in dentistry is appalling.
Several years ago our church janitor, a gentle man who had a tough life with some personal problems, lived in our church apartment and cared lovingly for our church building. He didn’t have the money to pay for dental care and had a horrible abscess and pain from rotten teeth. he kept buying ibuprofen (Motrin or Advil are the brand names). He took large quantities of this drug for a long time. The end result was that the drug caused a bleeding ulcer and we found him deaf in the church school in his 40s, having bled out from his bleeding ulcer in a pool of blood. This was a preventable death.
The number of Americans dying of preventable complications of dental caries is rising at an alarming rate. There is no excuse for our country to neglect its citizens like this. Health care should be a right and not a privilege and this should especially be true of mental health care.
How much money are we going to waste paying for persons who come to ERs with advanced terminal illness that was preventable? How many productive years will be lost? How many kids will grow up without a parent, under financial stress and inadequate supervision?
This news article paints this grim picture in more detail.
Jim Hightower, a National radio commentator, writer, public speaker, and author . . . has spent three decades battling the Powers That Be on behalf of the Powers That Ought To Be – consumers, working families, environmentalists, small businesses, and just-plain-folks. [from CommonDreams.org, republished article on 9/11/11]
After reading this article by Hightower, I don’t believe Rick Perry and I won’t be voting for him. I want honesty and transparency in government, not hype, hypocrisy, and misleading statements. Rick Perry appears to be the opposite of this ideal.
Presidential wannabe Rick Perry is . . . spreading little “Perry Tales” about himself . . . claims that his Texas Miracle is the result of him keeping the government out of the private sector’s way. . . During Perry’s decade, the greatest job growth [in Texas] . . . has come from the public sector . . . more than doubled the number of new jobs created by the private sector.
His top Perry Tale . . .” While the rest of the country is mired in joblessness, says the miracle worker, his state has added 1.2 million jobs during his 10-year tenure.”
. . . the Lone Star State ranks a middling 26th, behind New York, Massachusetts and other states whose “liberal” governments he routinely mocks.
. . . .
On his watch as governor, Texas added more minimum wage jobs than all the other 49 states combined. More than half a million Texans now work for $7.25 an hour or less.
. . . .
he’s running around ranting about President Obama’s stimulus program, but he gladly accepted the third highest amount of stimulus funds taken by the 50 states. There’s his miracle.
. . . .
Perry personally took $80,000 in farm payments. . . . [govt] financed his college education at Texas A&M, [allowing him] to be a cheerleader. . . . he spent four years on the federal payroll as an Air Force transport pilot who never did any combat duty. . . . [he’s been in elected office] for 27 years . . . . getting regular paychecks from taxpayers for nearly three decades as a state representative, agriculture commissioner, lieutenant governor and governor . . . [receiving benefits including] platinum-level health care coverage and a generous pension from the state, plus $10,000 a month for renting a luxury suburban home, a covey of political and personal aides and even a publicly paid subscription to Food & Wine magazine.
Perry has been living high on the hog, on Texas tax dollars, keeping Texas citizens in poverty with very little benefits. He’s not just made government “inconsequential” in Texans’ lives – he’s made it unresponsive and irresponsible in Texas. He’s trying to sell the rest of the country this bill of goods!
Perry literally puts the “hype” in hypocrisy. Forget his tall tales and political B.S. — look at what he actually does.© 2011 Jim Hightower
SALEM, Oregon. Jan Cline has a bone marrow cancer that is eating holes in her bones. The treatment is expensive and her illness has taken away her independence by causing her to be unable to work.
She has been selling her treasured possessions for pennies at weekend yard sales , tucked in her back yard and kept very clean and organized. Yet the City has shut her down by enforcing an ordinance limiting yard sales to three per year.
Thousands in the United States have inadequate health insurance and are becoming bankrupt and destitute due to lack of funds or insurance.
This story reveals how America is no longer great. America is now a sad place, a heartless land, where the rich get richer and the needy are ignored and disgarded. Our “greatness” is no longer.
Stop voting for politicians who find this acceptable! Start acting like an American. If you have money – spend it to campaign against heartless, unethical politicians who perpetuate this disgusting system.