The arab world divided by clans, religious clashes between Sunni and Shiah Muslims, stressed by huge numbers of refugees, with incredible instability in countries with failing governments, with staggering income inequality and pockets of poverty, with strict difference in roles of women and men, must unite to stand or fall if they continue to remain divided, now is faced with one of the deadliest, most gruesome, and unacceptable situations in decades – the unholy and despicable Islamic State.
I condemn the atrocities against children, citizens in the Arab World, and captives – especially the recent burning of a Jordanian pilot – may his soul rest in peace and may God (Allah) bring mercy and comfort to those who have suffered and are suffering.
Jordan is a monarchy that respects the historical, religious, and cultural issues, and therefore should be supported by all and emulated by others. May God (Allah), as well as the words of the prophets bring wisdom and strength to his majesty King Abdullah II.
They still however, have not solved the problems of poverty and refugees, nor the religious differences. This Associated Press article explains this a bit – click here.
I urge King Abdullah II to stand as a leader of the Arab world by:
1) educating and explaining the clan system, its importance, and its necessity to the west, as well as the differences between Sunni and Shiah Muslims;
2) bring conferences between the Shiah and Sunni clans, as well as the Kurds and other minority religious groups, so that they can unite to fight the barbaric Islamic State and crush it;
3) bring conferences to unite about how to stamp out poverty, give their populations a better life and help the refugees;
4) bring conferences to unite about how best to elevate their societies through cooperation over science, resources, education, environmental issues, health issues, etc.; and
5) explain how he has moved his country slowly and respectfully toward greater democratic reforms, which are molded to and respectful of his culture, religion, and clan system.
In this way, the Arab World will be more peaceful, more prosperous, and more of a leader to the rest of the world.